- Home »
- Master Books Scholarship
Master Books Scholarship
Earn a $3000 Scholarship to the College of Your Choice.
Register for the Master Books 2014 Scholarship Essay Program.
Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing Group, will award one $3000 scholarship for the upcoming academic school year. The 2014 Master Books Scholarship Essay Contest is open to any high school junior or senior or the equivalent thereof from any public, private, or homeschool venue. The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above. This scholarship is a one-time award and may be used at any accredited two-year, four-year, or trade school within the contiguous United States. This award covers only tuition and university-provided room and board. The scholarship monies will be forwarded to the college, university, or trade school of the winner's choice in the winner's name upon receipt of a copy of the winner's confirmed admission to their chosen school. This year there are also two additional opportunities to win prizes, see below.
Students planning to apply for this scholarship can download a FREE chapter of the book, Questions God Asks by Israel Wayne below. After reading this chapter, students are invited to write a 500-1500 word essay with the following focus:
Evaluate Elijah’s struggle as it pertains to God’s purpose in his life. Elaborate on the internal conflict he faced as he made the decision to move from a place of fear into the complete purpose God designed for him. Are you seeking God’s plan for your life? In what ways are you actively searching out the destiny He has in store for you?
The essay will be judged on creativity, clarity of thought, accuracy, research, grammar, and spelling. The student's essay will be the property of Master Books and may be used for promotion purposes in the future. The student winner and his/her parent or guardian will be notified by email of their winning status and then must submit a written acceptance of the scholarship award by no later than June 16, 2014. If the acceptance of the scholarship is not received by June 16, 2014, the monies will be awarded to the 1st runner-up.
2 Ways to Win:
- One grand prize winner will receive the $3,000 scholarship as detailed
- One winner from each state will be awarded, on behalf of their local group, the entire Master Books digital library
Deadlines and other important dates:
- Scholarship due date: Applications, transcript, and essay are due May 15, 2014
- High school transcript or the equivalent is required. Transcripts or the equivalent must either be signed by or sent as an email attachment directly from the high school counselor, homeschool evaluator/supervisor, or principal. Scholarship submission name must be exactly as noted on the transcript in order to qualify for the scholarship.
- Scholarship will be awarded on or before June 2, 2014.
- Scholarship applicant information, essay and transcript must be submitted one of two ways:
- By email:
- Send to: email@example.com
- Subject line must state “Master Books Scholarship 2014”
- By mail to:
ATTN: Master Books Scholarship Essay Program
New Leaf Publishing Group
P.O. Box 726
Green Forest, AR 72638
- By email:
Conditions of Scholarship Eligibility:
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen
- MUST be a high school junior or senior or the equivalent
- MUST be enrolled or enrolling in a U.S. accredited two-year, four-year, or trade school for the Fall of 2014 (seniors), or the Fall of 2015 (juniors)
- MUST have a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent)
The Master Books Scholarship will be submitted to the winner’s accredited school upon receipt of a copy of their acceptance to that school. If the scholarship winner does not complete a full semester at the accredited school, the monies must be returned to Master Books to be awarded to the 1st runner-up. The winner agrees that all of his/her scholarship combined benefits do not exceed the cost of tuition, fees, and university-provided room and board as stated in the institution’s cost of attendance.