A Child's Geography Vol. 4: Explore Medieval Kingdoms
For Grades 6 – 7
Finally, a gospel-focused geography curriculum that reveals the wonder of God’s creation: the Medieval Kingdoms. Take your homeschool students on the adventure of a lifetime through Spain, Portugal, Monaco, Belgium, Germany, and beyond! This combination of geography, history, culture, and cuisine will delight your middle school students and the whole family.
This revised and updated course is easy to use and homeschool friendly. It is scheduled 3 days a week and can be completed in one year.
Take your 6th – 7th grade students on a journey through the history and geography of the Medieval Kingdoms with A Child’s Geography Volume 4. This Christian homeschool curriculum explores the cultures and people groups in Spain, Portugal, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Belgium, and beyond.
With a conversational tone, the author writes as if she is on a trip with the student. The course offers the history of each country while also revealing what it would be like if you visited today. Homeschool parents love this all-in-one workbook which includes beautiful pictures, timelines, maps, recipes, and fun activities like building bridges and mazes.
- Explore Western European countries by the North Sea, Bay of Biscay, and Atlantic Ocean, including Switzerland and Austria.
- Visit the tiny countries of Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, and Luxembourg.
- Discover both historic and modern sites that include castles, palaces, churches, monuments, and museums.
- See how medieval European countries developed over time to their modern geographical locations and economic positions.
- Discover how God has worked throughout history in these countries and explore culturally significant Christian locations and places of worship.
- Travel Log notes at the end of each section to sum up important points
- Timelines throughout to summarize major events.
- Mapping activities at the end of each chapter to develop geography and map reading skills
- Supply list, recipes, and crafts
- Varied worksheets, chapter reviews, final exam, glossary, and answer key
- A helpful course calendar for easy, stress-free scheduling
Table of Contents
- Teacher, Set the Course!
- Materials List
- Map of Medieval Kingdoms
- 1. Spain [part one]: Moor Land in Spain
- 2. Spain [part two]: Farther Up and Farther In
- 3. Portugal: From Lisbon to the Edge of the World
- 4. Andorra and Monaco: Tiny Kingdoms
- 5. France [part one]: Mediterranean Shores and a Snapshot of the Past
- 6. France [part two]: A Land of Stone and Sea, Battles and Heroes
- 7. France [part three]: Paris, the City of Light
- 8. France [part four]: Chateâux, Mountains, and Medieval Life
- 9. Switzerland: Alpine Adventure
- 10. Austria: The Sound of Music
- 11. Germany [part one]: Trotting Through Bavaria and Cruising Back in Time
- 12. Germany [part two]: Firestorm in Germany
- 13. Liechtenstein and Luxembourg: More Tiny Kingdoms
- 14. Belgium: Waffles, Lace, and French Fries
- 15. The Netherlands: Reclaimed from the Sea
- Chapter Reviews
- Final Exam
- Answer Keys
|Weight (in lbs)||2.50|
|Title||A Child's Geography Vol. 4: Explore Medieval Kingdoms|
|Series||A Child's Geography|
|Volume in Series||4|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|