America's Story 1
For Ages 8-11
Full-color student textbook from our America’s Story 1 (Set) featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Who Lived Here First?
- Chapter 2: Leif Ericson, the Christian Viking
- Chapter 3: Christopher Columbus and Other European Explorers
- Chapter 4: Settlements, Mosquitoes, and an Indian Princess
- Chapter 5: Pilgrimage to Freedom
- Chapter 6: Squanto the Friendly Indian and the First Thanksgiving
- Chapter 7: Life in the Colonies
- Chapter 8: William Penn, a Man of Peace
- Chapter 9: William Wilberforce, Abolitionist Hero
- Chapter 10: Young George Washington and the Horrible War
- Chapter 11: Winds of Change in the English Colonies
- Chapter 12: The Power of Words.
- Chapter 13: The British Are Coming!
- Chapter 14: Stories of the American Revolution
- Chapter 15: More Stories of the Revolution
- Chapter 16: 13 Colonies Become One Nation
- Chapter 17: First in the Hearts of His Countryman
- Chapter 18: Looking West
- Chapter 19: The Louisiana Purchase, What a Deal!
- Chapter 20: The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
- Chapter 21: The Strange War of 1812
- Chapter 22: The Industrial Revolution Changes the World
- Chapter 23: Paths of Change
- Chapter 24: Heroes of the Abolition Movement
- Chapter 25: The Story of the Alamo
- Chapter 26: The Great Journey West — Part 1
- Chapter 27: The Great Journey West — Part 2
- Chapter 28: Our Place in History
|Weight (in lbs)||2.00|
|Title||America's Story 1|
|Subtitle||From the Ancient America's to the Great Gold Rush|
|Volume in Series||1|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|
Write Your Own Review