America's Story 1 (Download)
For Ages 8-11
America’s Story Volume 1 is a full-color student textbook from our America’s Story 1 (Set) featuring engaging narrative, beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections. Through this curriculum, your upper elementary homeschool students will explore the ancient Americas to the great Gold Rush, the infancy of our country through the founding of our great nation, and catch glimpses of the leaders who would become known as the Founding Fathers. This is an unforgettable American history course consisting of 28 chapters and five built-in reviews, making it easy to finish in one school year.
An Unforgettable Journey Through American History!
America’s Story 1 brings American history alive for upper elementary homeschool students. Your students will never forget the stories and adventures of explorers and pioneers who saw in America the chance to live a dream of freely worshipping God, owning land, and searching for wealth and opportunities.
In America’s Story 1, an American history curriculum, your student will:
- Learn about those who lived & thrived in the Americas first
- Meet the Christian Viking who accidentally discovered America around 1000 A.D.
- Become acquainted with the many explorers and their amazing tales of the Americas
- Discover how simple words were used to powerfully shape the course of history
- Follow along through the Revolutionary War and watch as the Constitution of the United States of America is drafted
- Tell of the triumphs, hardships, mistakes, and victories that together formed the nation we now know
- and so much more!
Exciting, Interactive Stories
O’Dell’s lively storytelling style ensures history comes alive in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible characters who shaped American history.
- America’s Story Volume 1 Student Text
- America’s Story Volume 1 Teacher Guide
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Who Lived Here First?
- Chapter 2: Leif Ericson, the Christian Viking
- Chapter 3: Christopher Columbus and Other European Explorers
- Chapter 4: Settlements, Mosquitoes, and an Indian Princess
- Chapter 5: Pilgrimage to Freedom
- Chapter 6: Squanto the Friendly Indian and the First Thanksgiving
- Chapter 7: Life in the Colonies
- Chapter 8: William Penn, a Man of Peace
- Chapter 9: William Wilberforce, Abolitionist Hero
- Chapter 10: Young George Washington and the Horrible War
- Chapter 11: Winds of Change in the English Colonies
- Chapter 12: The Power of Words.
- Chapter 13: The British Are Coming!
- Chapter 14: Stories of the American Revolution
- Chapter 15: More Stories of the Revolution
- Chapter 16: 13 Colonies Become One Nation
- Chapter 17: First in the Hearts of His Countryman
- Chapter 18: Looking West
- Chapter 19: The Louisiana Purchase, What a Deal!
- Chapter 20: The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
- Chapter 21: The Strange War of 1812
- Chapter 22: The Industrial Revolution Changes the World
- Chapter 23: Paths of Change
- Chapter 24: Heroes of the Abolition Movement
- Chapter 25: The Story of the Alamo
- Chapter 26: The Great Journey West — Part 1
- Chapter 27: The Great Journey West — Part 2
- Chapter 28: Our Place in History