America's Story Vol. 2
America’s Story 2 brings history alive through a Charlotte Mason approach as it teaches upper elementary students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the Unites States of America. O’Dell’s lively storytelling brings the settings and characters to life as students study American history from the Civil War through the early 1900s.
A Charlotte Mason Inspired Journey Through American History!
American history comes alive in America’s Story 2 as students experience the struggle of the fledgling American nation as she strives to resolve conflict, reconstruct after division, expand through the Wild West, and join the world in the Industrial Revolution.
In America’s Story 2, your student will:
- Learn the story behind the Missouri Compromise
- Meet Abraham Lincoln and encounter the struggling nation he faced
- Encounter the woman who helped found the Red Cross and learn her amazing story
- Experience the difficulties America faced during the Reconstruction Years
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of America and experience the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair
- Join the adventure of exploring the Wild West
- Imagine the struggles and hopes immigrants felt and faced as they arrived in America at Ellis Island
- and so much more!
Exciting, interactive stories
America's Story 2 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that shaped American history from the Civil War through the early 1900s.
America’s Story 2 Student Features:
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Storm Clouds
- Chapter 2: The Story of Abraham Lincoln, Part 1
- Chapter 3: The Story of Abraham Lincoln, Part 2
- Chapter 4: Important People of the Civil War
- Chapter 5: More About the Civil War
- Chapter 6: The End of the Confederacy
- Chapter 7: Our Bruised and Broken Country
- Chapter 8: America Turns One Hundred Years Old
- Chapter 9: Transcontinental Railroad, Part 1
- Chapter 10: Transcontinental Railroad, Part 2
- Chapter 11: Howdy, Partner, Welcome to the Wild West!
- Chapter 12: Who Owns This Land?
- Chapter 13: The Industry Boom
- Chapter 14: Skyscrapers, Elevators, and Bridges
- Chapter 15: America's Big Business
- Chapter 16: Chicago is on Fire!
- Chapter 17: The Story of a Very Stubborn Man
- Chapter 18: Hello, Can You Hear Me?
- Chapter 19: The Story of Helen Keller, Part 1
- Chapter 20: The Story of Helen Keller, Part 2
- Chapter 21: America's Victorian Age
- Chapter 22: American Immigration, Part 1
- Chapter 23: American Immigration, Part 2
- Chapter 24: What Time is it Anyway?
- Chapter 25: Poverty, Slums, and Strikes
- Chapter 26: Big Changes!
- Chapter 27: Looking Toward a New Century
- Chapter 28: The American Dream
- Geographical Terms
|Title||America's Story Vol. 2|
|Subtitle||From the Civil War to the Industrial Revolution|
|Volume in Series||2|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|