America's Story 2 Set
For Ages 8-11
America’s Story Volume 2 Set teaches upper elementary homeschool students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the United States of America from the Civil War through the early 1900s. This full-color history curriculum features an engaging narrative, beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and more to help your student experience the struggle of the fledgling American nation as she strives to resolve conflict, reconstruct after division, expand through the Wild West, and join the world in the Industrial Revolution.
This one-year American history homeschool course comes with an easy-to-implement schedule. Lessons take approximately 45 minutes per lesson, five days a week.
An Unforgettable Journey Through American History!
American history comes alive in America’s Story Volume 2 Set as your homeschool students experience the struggle of the fledgling American nation as she strives to resolve conflict, reconstruct after division, expand through the Wild West, and join the world in the Industrial Revolution. This history course for upper elementary students (grades 3-6) reveal the amazing history of the United States of America from the Civil War through the early 1900s.
In America’s Story 2 curriculum set, your student will:
- Learn the story behind the Missouri Compromise
- Meet Abraham Lincoln and encounter the struggling nation he faced
- Encounter the woman who helped found the Red Cross and explore her amazing story
- Experience the difficulties America faced during the Reconstruction Years
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of America and experience the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair
- Join the adventure of exploring the Wild West
- Imagine the struggles and hopes immigrants felt and faced as they arrived in America at Ellis Island
Easy for homeschool teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 2 Set is easy to use. As it guides your student on an adventure through American history, they will:
- Learn to retell history using oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the Civil War to the Industrial Revolution of the early 1900s!
Exciting, interactive stories
O’Dell’s lively, storytelling style interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible characters who shaped American history from the Civil War through the early 1900s.
America’s Story 2 Set Includes:
America’s Story 2 Student
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
America’s Story 2 Teacher Guide
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student worksheets for narration (oral & written), sketching, map adventures, & timelines.
- Optional Digging Deeper activities
- Special Project Ideas
- Review sheets & answer keys
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages for convenience
- Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 4-5 days per week
- Designed for grades 3-6 in a one-year history course
Can I use this course with an older/younger student?
Yes. While America’s Story is designed for upper elementary students (grades 3-6), it is also very flexible and can be used with younger/older students. Younger students may require additional teacher involvement, while older students may complete additional activities or research projects to increase the difficulty of the course.
I have two or more students using this course together, what do I need to purchase?
We would recommend purchasing additional copies of the Teacher Guide. While the student guide could easily be shared between students, the Teacher Guide contains all of the consumable worksheets your students will need to complete the course. Purchasing an additional copy means each student will have worksheets available and ready for use.
Do we have to start in America’s Story 1?
No. Each volume in America’s Story builds upon the next and creates a timeline of American History from the ancient Americas to Modern Times; however, each volume also stands alone, allowing your student to start and stop in any volume.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Storm Clouds
- Chapter 2: The Story of Abraham Lincoln, Part 1
- Chapter 3: The Story of Abraham Lincoln, Part 2
- Chapter 4: Important People of the Civil War
- Chapter 5: More About the Civil War
- Chapter 6: The End of the Confederacy
- Chapter 7: Our Bruised and Broken Country
- Chapter 8: America Turns One Hundred Years Old
- Chapter 9: Transcontinental Railroad, Part 1
- Chapter 10: Transcontinental Railroad, Part 2
- Chapter 11: Howdy, Partner, Welcome to the Wild West!
- Chapter 12: Who Owns This Land?
- Chapter 13: The Industry Boom
- Chapter 14: Skyscrapers, Elevators, and Bridges
- Chapter 15: America's Big Business
- Chapter 16: Chicago is on Fire!
- Chapter 17: The Story of a Very Stubborn Man
- Chapter 18: Hello, Can You Hear Me?
- Chapter 19: The Story of Helen Keller, Part 1
- Chapter 20: The Story of Helen Keller, Part 2
- Chapter 21: America's Victorian Age
- Chapter 22: American Immigration, Part 1
- Chapter 23: American Immigration, Part 2
- Chapter 24: What Time is it Anyway?
- Chapter 25: Poverty, Slums, and Strikes
- Chapter 26: Big Changes!
- Chapter 27: Looking Toward a New Century
- Chapter 28: The American Dream
- Geographical Terms
|Title||America's Story 2 Set|
|Subtitle||From the Civil War to the Industrial Revolution|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Weight (in lbs)||3.7|