America's Story 3 Set
America’s Story 3 brings history alive through a Charlotte Mason approach as it teaches upper elementary students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the United States of America. O’Dell’s lively storytelling brings the settings and characters to life as students conclude their study of American history from the early 1900s to Modern Times.
A Charlotte Mason Inspired Journey Through American History!
America’s Story 3 concludes the exciting journey through American History as students review America’s rich history, experience the excitement of discovery and invention as well as the hardships of the Great Depression, and examine the challenges our nation still faces.
In America’s Story 3, your student will:
- Discover the impact one president had on the New York City Police Department
- Observe the first flight
- Ride along with the development of the Model T
- Experience the wonder and the tragedy of the Titanic
- Explore America during & after the World Wars
- Learn the hardships Americans faced during the Great Depression
- Feel the excitement of new discoveries and technological advancement
- and so much more!
Easy for teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 3 is designed to be easy to use as it guides your student through an exciting adventure through American history as they:
- Learn to retell history through the use of oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the early 1900s to Modern Times!
Exciting, interactive stories
America's Story 3 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that shaped American history from the early 1900s to Modern Times.
America’s Story 3 Set Includes:
America’s Story 3 Student
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
America’s Story 3 Teacher Guide
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student worksheets for narration (oral & written), sketching, map adventures, & timelines.
- Optional Digging Deeper activities
- Special Project Ideas
- Review sheets & answer keys
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages for convenience
- Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 4-5 days per week
- Designed for grades 3-6 in a one-year history course
Can I use this course with an older/younger student?
Yes. While America’s Story is designed for upper elementary students (grades 3-6), it is also very flexible and can be used with younger/older students. Younger students may require additional teacher involvement, while older students may complete additional activities or research projects to increase the difficulty of the course.
I have two or more students using this course together, what do I need to purchase?
We would recommend purchasing additional copies of the Teacher Guide. While the student guide could easily be shared between students, the Teacher Guide contains all of the consumable worksheets your students will need to complete the course. Purchasing an additional copy means each student will have worksheets available and ready for use.
Do we have to start in America’s Story 1
No. Each volume in America’s Story builds upon the next and creates a timeline of American History from the ancient Americas to Modern Times; however, each volume also stands alone, allowing your student to start and stop in any volume.