An Amazing Exploration of God’s Design!
Scientists are exploring, analyzing, and applying aspects of God’s incredible design in nature to create cutting-edge breakthroughs! Applied Engineering: Studies of God’s Design in Nature takes your junior high student on an exploration of the fascinating field of biomimicry as students:
- Discover how innovations like solar panels in space unfurled using technology gleaned from beech tree leaves
- Learn how the glow of a cat’s eyes innovates road reflectors
- Explore the naturally sticky inspirations for Velcro
- and so much more!
Engaging, Applied Learning
In Applied Engineering, students will explore the field of biomimicry through the pages of Discovery of Design, Made in Heaven, and Men of Science, Men of God as they discover the intricacies of God’s design in nature, learn how that design has inspired scientific innovations, and encounter amazing scientists!
As students read Made in Heaven, they’ll also explore God’s design through hands-on activities as they:
- Discover how the orientation of material determines a structures overall strength
- Explore light waves
- Observe the limitations of man-made camera lenses compared to the human eye
- Investigate the complexity of the human brain
- and more!
Applied Engineering Curriculum Pack Includes:
Applied Engineering Teacher Guide
- Suggested daily schedule—saving you time!
- Answer Key
Discovery of Design
An exciting look at cutting-edge scientific advances, Discovery of Design highlights incredible examples that include:
- How things like batteries, human organ repair, microlenses, automotive engineering, paint, and even credit card security all have links to natural designs
- How optic research is rooted in the photonic properties of opal gemstones
- Current and future research from the fields of stealth technology, communications, cosmetics, nanotechnology, surveillance, and more!
Made in Heaven
Through beautiful illustrations and engaging text, students will discover how science frequently mimics God’s design—all while refusing to give Him glory! Students will discover how a fly’s ear, the lizard’s foot, the moth’s eye, and so many other natural examples are inspiring improvements and new technologies in our lives!
Men of Science, Men of God
In Men of Science, Men of God, Dr. Henry Morris presents 101 biographies which include Christian testimonies of scientists who believed in the Bible and in a personal Creator God . . . scientists who were pioneers and “founding fathers” of modern scientific disciplines.
- Perforated, 3-hole punched worksheets
- Recommended Grade Level: 7th - 9th