Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 2
For Ages 6-8
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 2 brings concepts to life through a Charlotte Mason flavor of engaging stories, hands-on experience, and practical application. Your second grade-level student will learn word problems, skip counting, bar graphs, place values, units of measurement, telling time, and more. The lessons are designed to be fun and build confidence. They can be completed in 30 minutes and are scheduled 5 days a week over 36 weeks. Teacher’s instruction is included in the text.
Math Made Exciting
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 2 teaches math concepts through engaging, real-life stories and practical application because math is all around us in daily life! This story-based approach encourages your student to participate in the story, make mathematical connections, explore the world around them with Charlie & Charlotte, and learn how they can put math to work in their own lives!
In Level 2, your student joins Charlie and Charlotte for continuing adventures & learning opportunities! Together they’ll learn about numbers, place value, addition & subtraction, seasons, and geography while also developing important character traits as they expand their math skills to solve real-life problems!
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 2 teaches through:
- Short, story based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full color worksheets
Students learn best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to everyday life—Math Lessons for a Living Education engages your student through exciting stories and teaches them how to apply mathematical concepts through everyday life situations—allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Real Life, Real Math
In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 2, students learn math concepts such word problems, skip counting, bar graphs, place values, units of measurement, telling time, and more through exciting, real-world stories. As your student explores the world around them with Charlie & Charlotte, they discover how math is related to life in exciting—and sometimes unexpected ways!
This instructional method puts math into context for your student, which means they are diving deep to really understand both the mathematical concepts and their application to life outside the textbook.
A Unique Approach to Learning
A blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience brings the concepts to life, invites the student to explore the world around them, and gives this course a Charlotte Mason flavor.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 2 your student will learn:
- How to Solve Word Problems
- Simple Fractions
- Double Digit Addition & Subtraction
- Carrying & Borrowing to the Tens' Place
- Place Value to Thousands
- Adding & Subtracting Change
- Measurements (gallons, quarts, pints, cups, pounds, & ounces)
- How to Read Bar & Line Graphs
- and so much more!
* A Math Lessons Readiness Test is available to help you determine if this level is best for your student. You will find it as a downloadable PDF on this page under the product image.
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 2 Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
- Link to downloadable answer key
- Manipulatives section
- Instructional blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 2 / 6 – 8 years old
- Designed for parent & child to work through together
- Teacher's guidance is offered throughout the workbook.
Table of Contents
- Using This Course
- Lesson 1: Place Value Village, Telling Time, Shapes and Patterns
- Lesson 2: Addition — Horizontal and Vertical Shapes
- Lesson 3: Subtraction
- Lesson 4: Writing Numbers to 100, Simple Fractions
- Lesson 5: Introducing Word Problems
- Lesson 6: Skip Counting by Using Dimes and Nickels, Minutes on the Clock
- Lesson 7: Skip Counting by 2, Review Even and Odd Numbers
- Lesson 8: Addition — Double Digit Plus Single Digit
- Lesson 9: Addition — Double Digit Plus Double Digit
- Lesson 10: Addition Review — All Concepts Learned
- Lesson 11: Introducing Measurement — Inches/Feet, Review Time and Shapes
- Lesson 12: Introducing Perimeter
- Lesson 13: Telling Time to the Minute
- Lesson 14: Place Value Village Practice — Place Value to the Thousands', Place
- Lesson 15: More Work with Subtraction
- Lesson 16: Introducing Addition with Carrying to the Tens', Place
- Lesson 17: Introducing Subtraction with Borrowing from the Tens', Place
- Lesson 18: Review of Regrouping Concepts
- Lesson 19: Understanding Dollars and Cents — Writing Money Terms
- Lesson 20: Review — Money
- Lesson 21: Introducing Thermometers and Other Gauges
- Lesson 22: Reading Bar Graphs and Line Graphs
- Lesson 23: More on Measurement — Pounds and Ounces
- Lesson 24: More Measurement Concepts — Gallons, Quarts, Pints, Cups
- Lesson 25: Review of Measurement
- Lesson 26: Adding Money — No Regrouping
- Lesson 27: Subtracting Money — Making Change
- Lesson 28: More Work with Word Problems
- Lesson 29: More Work with Telling Time
- Lesson 30: More Work with Measurement
- Lesson 31: Review of Place Value Through the Thousands', Place
- Lesson 32: Review of Word Problems — the Steps of Solving
- Lesson 33: Review of Adding and Subtracting — Double Digit Problems
- Lesson 34: Review of Money Concepts
- Lesson 35: Review of Time and Temperature
- Lesson 36: Review of Addition and Subtraction Fact Families
- Manipulative Section
|Weight (in lbs)||1.75|
|Title||Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 2|
|Series||Math Lessons for a Living Education|
|Volume in Series||2|
|Binding||Perfect Bound with Perforated 3-Hole Punched Pages|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11|