Reset for Parents (Download)
This nightmare has become a reality as more young people than ever before are “backsliding.” George Barna contends that over 60 percent of Christian kids who attend youth group run off to university and cast their faith aside. Some pollsters believe the number is as high as 80 percent.
Imagine ten teenagers from your church youth group are lined up against a wall. Once those kids become adults, eight of them are likely to never darken the doorstep of a church again. Eighty percent! But there is great news! Your child doesn’t have to be a statistic. Your child can become an adult who loves the Lord the same way you do. While you cannot save your child, you can avoid the pitfalls that become the excuses that kids use to apostatize.
- Todd Friel has witnessed to hundreds of university students, most of whom have “lost the faith”
- Shares what Todd has learned from those Bible-belt backsliders
- Learn from the mistakes of countless parents who are presently crying themselves to sleep, hoping their prodigal will come home.
Raising a prodigal is every Christian parent’s worst nightmare. Horrifyingly, George Barna contends that over 60 percent of Christian kids will run off to university and “lose their faith.” Some pollsters believe the number is as high as 80 percent.
But there is great news! Your child doesn’t have to become a statistic. Your child can become an adult who loves the Lord the same way you do — but this will likely require a radical parenting reset on your part.
Todd Friel has witnessed to hundreds of university students, most of whom are Bible-belt backsliders. Reset for Parents gets to the heart of the issue and presents a solid, biblical roadmap for parents to avoid the pain and heartache of raising a prodigal.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Why Parents Need a Reset
- Chapter 1: Stop Disciplining and Start Discipling
- Chapter 2: Show Them the Gospel
- Chapter 3: Have Your Children Submit to the Right Authority
- Chapter 4: Instill the Fear of the Lord
- Chapter 5: Make Sure They Hear the Correct Gospel
- Chapter 6: Make Sure You Rightly Apply the Law
- Chapter 7: Don’t Lose Your Balance
- Chapter 8: Command Your Child to Repent and Trust
- Chapter 9: Don’t Confuse Justification with Sanctification
- Chapter 10: Prepare Your Child to Meet Other Suitors
- Chapter 11: Teach Your Children How the Bible Works
- Chapter 12: Don’t Torque Your Kids
- Chapter 13: Act Like a Good Shepherd
- Chapter 14: Don’t Let Them Be Degraded or Shunned at Church
- Chapter 15: Answer the Big “Why” Questions
- Chapter 16: Enroll Them in Ancestry.com/Protestantism
- Chapter 17: Put Armor on Your Children
- Chapter 18: Don’t Cling Too Tightly or Hold Too Loosely
- Chapter 19: Take Yourselves Off the Hook, Mom and Dad
- Chapter 20: Questions for Parents
- Appendix A: Submit to Me vs. Submit to God Scenarios
- About the Author
This book will bring you to your knees and lift you up to serve your children with more intentionality and more humility.
Tedd Tripp, President, Shepherding the Heart Ministries
Hard hitting. Theologically sound. Desperately needed.
Ray Comfort, Living Waters
“Training youth in the truth” is more than just a slogan today. It’s more important than ever that we equip our children and teens with biblical truths: we must counteract the huge exodus of young people from our churches. Our research has shown that even in middle school, many of our teens are beginning to doubt the accuracy of God’s Word. And in many of their minds, they are already checking out of church. I praise God that Todd has a passion to help parents and church leaders rescue their youth and have them walk in truth, especially the truth of the gospel. Parents will find Todd’s book to be a powerful Bible-based how-to guide in improving their parenting skills.
Ken Ham, co-author of the book Already Gone, on why teens and young adults are leaving the church
|Manufacturer||New Leaf Press|
|Weight (in lbs)||0.00|
|Title||Reset for Parents (Download)|
|Subtitle||How to Keep Your Kid from Backsliding|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|