The Pilgrim's Progress (Collector's Edition)
John Bunyan’s famous work, The Pilgrim's Progress is, next to the Bible, the most popular book ever published. It has been widely distributed the world over since originally published in the 17th century. But many aren’t familiar with the story in it’s original form or it’s famous author and his life story. Master Books is now making available this exquisite reproduction of this 125-year-old historical compilation manuscript in it’s original 860-page entirety.
Strengthen your faith with this exquisite collection of classic Christian literature by the gifted and highly acclaimed John Bunyan. While imprisoned in the 17th century for not conforming with the Church of England, Bunyan, a lay preacher, penned the timeless Pilgrim's Progress known today as one of the most inspiring allegories of the Christian faith ever written and the second most read book in the world. Many recipients of this keepsake endeavor to read it through each year.
This Christian classic, steeped in simple, vigorous and beautiful prose, transports readers of all ages into a powerful drama revealing the difficult and yet sanctifying trials faced by every Christian pilgrim. Charles Spurgeon, the Prince of Preachers, so highly treasured this metaphorical wonder he read it over 100 times. Pilgrim's Progress has been mandatory reading for many generations of Christian students and families. Its message, a strong bastion of truth and courage, is a timeless gift to the Church.
Boasting 860 pages, Bunyan's compilation has been meticulously reproduced from a 125-year-old manuscript, keeping its vintage double-column format, large print, and font. A rare keepsake worthy of any library, this edition of Pilgrim's Progress includes these five classics by John Bunyan.
- THE HOLY WAR (Page 377 - 684) A discourse of trial made by Shaddai upon Diabolus, for the Regaining the Metropolis of the World; or, the losing and taking again of the Town of Man-soul.
- GRACE ABOUNDING TO THE CHIEF OF SINNERS (Page 685 - 688) A detailed and faithful account of the Life of John Bunyan including his imprisonment, recovery and conversion to becoming a faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
- THE IMPRISONMENT AND RELEASE OF JOHN BUNYAN (Page 689 - 703) --includes dialgoue with Dr. Lindale and the Justices; examination by the Justices, and by Mr. Cobb, the clerk of the peace; interview with his wife and Judge Hale.
- BUNYAN'S DYING SAYINGS (Page 704 - 767) --Of sin; of affliction; repentance and coming to Christ; of prayer; Lord's day and daily duties; love of the world; of suffering; death and judgment; the joys of heaven and torments of hell.
- CHRISTIAN BEHAVIOUR (Page 768 - 800) thoughts concerning true Christianity and how to walk so as to please God.
Also included are footnotes, commentary, and Scripture references missing in the small paperback editions of Pilgrims Progress.
Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress with featured writings is the size of a family Bible. It is dressed in a golden-embossed hard cover with gold-tipped, parchment-like paper and satin ribbon bookmark. Fine art quality, full color as well as black and white illustrations are found throughout. Enjoy this ageless and inspiring treasure as an addition to your own personal library or delight someone of remarkable taste with this splendid, soul-strengthening gift.
|Weight (in lbs)||5.13|
|Title||Pilgrim's Progress, The|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11 x 2 1/2|