American History (Teacher Guide)
For Grade Level 9-12
Teacher guide to our high school American History Set. Students will develop their Christian worldview while studying the political and faith perspectives which have impacted American history and cultural changes over time.
A rigorous, classical approach to history with an emphasis on analysis!
Designed for students to practice and develop their independent learning. Students will journey on a trip across America as they survey the history of America from native peoples, European settlements, nation-building, and expansion through the modern age in James Stobaugh's American History Set.
In American History, your student will develop an understanding of American history trends, philosophies, and events through the use of:
- Critical thinking questions based roughly on Bloom's Taxonomy
- Examinations of historical theories surrounding a period or topic
- Clarified terms, concepts, and theories to be learned
- History makers who clearly changed the course of history
- Overviews and insights into world views
American History Teacher Guide:
- Convenient Daily Schedule - saving you time!
- Perforated, three-hole punched assignments
- Student worksheets, critical thinking questions, and exams
- Answer keys with grading criteria
- Learning objectives
- Short essay questions to help the student comprehend and apply the information presented
- Approximately 20-30 minutes per lesson, 5 days per week
- Designed for grades 9-12 in a one-year history course
- Can be combined with Stobaugh's literature curriculum for an integrated history/literature course
|Weight (in lbs)||1.560000|
|Subtitle||Observations & Assessments from Early Settlement to Today|
|Binding||Perfect Bound with Perforated 3-Hole Punched Pages|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Dimensions (in inches)||8 1/2 x 11 x 1/2|