Writing Strands: Intermediate 1
Writing Strands Intermediate 1 will help your junior high/high school student learn about effective paragraphs, descriptive writing, narrative voice, and tense usage, as well as how to analyze plots in literature. This language arts curriculum is ideal for a 6-9 grade level.
Study Language Arts Through Creative Writing!
Writing Strands Intermediate 1 explores the art of writing effectively—and creatively! In this comprehensive course, students will discover how to structure a story, utilize topic sentences, organize information, craft written descriptions, explore voice and character position, and so much more!
Through interactive, guided exercises students will:
- Learn how to connect and organize thoughts, ideas, sentences, and paragraphs
- How to summarize a story
- Explore narrative voice and the way in which it speaks to the reader
- Create visual written descriptions
- Use past tense, present tense, and future tense correctly
- Recognize character positions and realize how position controls what characters know
A Comprehensive Approach
Writing Strands Intermediate 1 takes a comprehensive approach to language arts, teaching students how to construct effective paragraphs, add structure to stories, and explore narrative voice while also developing the student's reading, writing, and speaking skills. Students will learn how to read and evaluate literature, practice spelling, analyze worldview, and write a story!
Fully Updated for a New Generation!
With over a 30 year history, Writing Strands has proven itself to be a solid, powerful tool for teaching students to write and communicate clearly. Intermediate 1 includes a convenient daily schedule and has now been fully updated, clarified, and simplified for ease of use.Writing Strands Intermediate 1 is a hybrid course that combines Reading Strands and Writing Strands Level 4 into one course. Worksheets are now provided to add structure to reading assignments chosen by the teacher.
Students will rotate writing and reading assignments each week—thus also learning to write through literature because good readers make good writers! Additionally, the Bible is now used as the literature base for teaching how narrative voice can be used to form captivating pieces of literature.
Writing Strands Intermediate 1 Features:
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- New literature component
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 5x per week
- Recommended Grade Level: 6 - 9
- Equivalent to Writing Strands Level 4