Elementary Algebra (Curriculum Pack w/DVD)
Jacobs’ best-selling Elementary Algebra course has become a highly respected standard for teaching high school math in both top schools nationwide and within the homeschool market. Jacobs’ clear, engaging, conversational approach to Algebra 1 utilizes real-world instruction & application, guiding your student towards developing not just a knowledge of Algebra, but a true understanding of Algebraic concepts—how they work, why they work, and how your student can apply them practically to everyday life!
Dr. Callahan’s instructional DVD guides your student through Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra and makes understanding the concepts a breeze!
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra Curriculum Pack Includes:
Math Designed for Understanding
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra (Algebra 1) utilizes a clear, conversational, engaging approach to teach your student Algebra through practical, real-life application! Jacobs’ guides your student through Algebra, enabling them to discover concepts for themselves and develop a deep understanding of their practical application.
This unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a lasting understanding of Algebra concepts
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Algebraic concepts outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Makes concepts their own
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical concepts of Algebra—and once a student truly understands the concepts in Algebra, they are prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Clear, Thorough Instruction
Understanding both the why and how of Algebra is foundational to your student’s success in high school and college. Jacobs’ Algebra provides students with a clear and thorough understanding of why concepts work, as well as how they are applied to solve real-world problems.
A Top Choice for High School Success & College Prep
Time tested for nearly forty years, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has proven its ability to guide students towards success and is still the choice of top teachers and schools.
The unique instructional method within Jacobs’ Algebra ensures your student understands both the why and how of Algebra and establishes a strong foundation for higher math & science courses. If your student is planning for college or a STEM career, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra ensures they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed!
Guide your Student through Algebra with DVD Instruction!
Dr. Callahan’s instructional DVDs guide your students through Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra in a light-hearted, down to earth style. As a longtime university professor, homeschool dad, and math teacher for homeschool groups, Dr. Callahan has plenty of experience with what Algebra concepts students need to know, what they find difficult, and knows how to explain both well.
Free Homework Support!
Dr. Callahan’s Instructional DVD comes with FREE Homework Help email support from AskDrCallahan, making this course an ideal solution for students alike looking to learn Algebra while preparing for the ACT, SAT, and future math courses.
Newly Revised & Updated
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has now been updated and revised to better equip the next generation of students!
- The addition of a daily schedule—saving you time!
- Full solutions manual
- Modernized language for clearer communication
This Curriculum Set Includes:
Elementary Algebra Student Text:
- Full Color Illustrations
- 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more.
- Set II exercise solutions provided in back of text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of the course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide ongoing application of material.
- Set II exercises allow student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set III exercises (provided in Teacher’s Guide) provide additional practice for material learned in the new lesson
- Set IV exercises challenge students who are excelling and can also be used for extra credit
Elementary Algebra Solutions Manual:
- Full Solutions to problem sets I, II, III, & IV
- Solutions to final review sections
Elementary Algebra Teacher’s Guide Includes:
- Convenient suggested daily schedule
- Set III Worksheets for additional student practice
- Tests (chapter, mid-term, final exam, & alternate test versions)
- Test Solutions
- Practical 3-hole punched, perforated pages for ease of use
DVD Set Contains:
- Approximately 6 hours of content
- 6 DVDs
- Free Homework Help email support form AskDrCallahan
- Revised & updated for the next-generation student
- Usable for both self-directed students and teachers & students
- Recommended for: 9th Grade / 1 Credit