Inventors & Scientists (MP3 Audiobook Download)
For Grades 4 - 8
Inventors & Scientists: Notable Lives from History is a fun and engaging reader for students or anyone with a love for history. Explore 10 remarkable inventors and scientists from who changed the world in a significant way by using their God-given talents and opportunities. The stories incorporate well for students in grades 4-8 with many areas of study including history, language arts, vocabulary words and definitions, as well as science, innovation, and cultural insights.
Inventors & Scientists: Notable Lives from History offers you a fun way to give your 4th – 8th grade level students reading practice. Delightful for anyone who enjoys history and science, this reader features 10 notable inventors and scientists from around the world.
- Carl Linnaeus
- Eli Whitney
- Robert Fulton
- Samuel F.B. Morse
- Louis Pasteur
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Thomas Edison
- Booker T. Washington
- George Washington Carver
- The Wright Brothers
Inventors and Scientists is part of the What a Character! Series which can be used alongside Master Books curriculum for reading practice or to dive deeper on topics that are of special interest to the students. The stories incorporate well with history, language arts, vocabulary words and definitions, as well as science, innovation, and cultural insights.
Your students will be inspired by Inventors & Scientists to apply their God-given talents and opportunities to impact their generation and possibly change the world!
Table of Contents
- 1. Carl Linnaeus — The Boy Who Loved Plants
- 2. Eli Whitney — Creative Inventor
- 3. Robert Fulton — Inventor of the Steamboat
- 4. Samuel F.B. Morse — A Man Who Wrote with Lightning
- 5. Louis Pasteur — The Boy Who Asked Questions
- 6. Alexander Graham Bell and the Talking Machine
- 7. Thomas Edison — Just the Strange Boy the World Needed
- 8. Booker T. Washington — From Slavery to Triumph
- 9. George Washington Carver — God’s Plant Doctor
- 10. The Wright Brothers — Masters of Flight
- Corresponding Curriculum