Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 3 (Download)
For Ages 7-9
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 3 is a Christian homeschool math curriculum designed to help your student excel in math. Engaging stories, hands-on experience, and practical applications of math concepts are incorporated to teach your third grade-level student rounding, adding and subtracting money, multiplication, division, estimation and more.
Math Lessons for a Living Education is an award-winning math homeschool curriculum series known for helping students love math. The Master Books’ method of education reveals the why behind what your student is learning using short, confidence-building lessons. Families love the grab-and-go nature of this full color, workbook style math curriculum.
* Disclaimer: We have received reports that when viewing this PDF in a web browser that sometimes the browser does not render the font correctly and there will be missing letters in words which make you think there are several misspellings. We highly recommend viewing this PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a free download. This will solve the problem caused by the web browser.
Math Made Enjoyable
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 3 teaches math through engaging real-life stories and practical application. This award-winning homeschool math curriculum series uses a story-based approach. Throughout the full-color workbook, your student is invited to participate in the story, make mathematical connections, explore the world around them with Charlie & Charlotte, and learn how they can put math to work in their own lives!
In Level 3, Charlie and Charlotte’s family is traveling to Peru--many exciting adventures await the twins and your student as they make their journey. Through the story, they experience a new culture, develop important character traits, and use their math skills to solve everyday problems!
Math Lessons for a Living Education teaches through:
- Short, story-based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Real Life, Real Math
Math is a living subject that happens all over everyday life! In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 3 students learn math concepts such as column addition & subtraction, multiplication, division, and Roman numerals through exciting, real-world stories. As your student explores the world around them with Charlie & Charlotte, they discover how math is related to everyday life in exciting—and sometimes in unexpected ways!
A Unique Approach to Learning
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 3 features a blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life and invite the student to explore the world around them. Students are encouraged to see the big picture and break it down into smaller pieces, discover important connections as they work out solutions, develop a better understanding, and strengthen their critical thinking skills.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 3 your student will learn:
- Column Addition & Subtraction
- Rounding to 10s, 100s, & 1000s
- Adding & Subtracting Money
- Area of Rectangles & Squares
- and so much more!
* A Math Lessons Readiness Test is available to help you determine if this level is best for your student. You will find it as a downloadable PDF on this page under the product image.
Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 3 Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
- Answer key
- Manipulatives section
- Instructional blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 3 / 7 – 9 years old
- Teacher's guidance is offered throughout the workbook
Table of Contents
- Using this Course
- Lesson 1: Review of Place Value, Odds and Evens, Counting by 2s, 5s, 10s
- Lesson 2: Review of Money, Clocks, Perimeter, Addition/Subtraction Facts
- Lesson 3: Review of Addition, Including Carrying, Tally Marks
- Lesson 4: Review of Subtraction, Including Borrowing Concepts
- Lesson 5: Review of Measurement, Fractions, Thermometers, Graphs
- Lesson 6: Review of Word Problems
- Lesson 7: Introducing Column Addition and Adding Larger Numbers
- Lesson 8: Introducing Larger Number Subtraction
- Lesson 9: Introducing Rounding to the 10s and 100s
- Lesson 10: Adding and Subtracting Larger Amounts of Money
- Lesson 11: Review of All New Concepts
- Lesson 12: Introducing Multiplication of 0, 1, 2, and 5
- Lesson 13: Introducing Division of 1, 2, and 5
- Lesson 14: Introducing Multiplying and Dividing by 10
- Lesson 15: Introducing the Area of Rectangles and Squares
- Lesson 16: Introducing Multiplying and Dividing by 3
- Lesson 17: Taking Fractions Deeper
- Lesson 18: Introducing Multiplying and Dividing by 4
- Lesson 19: Introducing Multiplying and Dividing by 6 and 7
- Lesson 20: Introducing Multiplying and Dividing by 8 and 9
- Lesson 21: Review of All New Concepts
- Lesson 22: Introducing Rounding to 1000s and Estimation
- Lesson 23: Introducing Higher Place Value through Millions
- Lesson 24: More Measurement Concepts
- Lesson 25: Introducing Solving for Unknowns
- Lesson 26: Introducing Inequalities
- Lesson 27: Review of New Concepts
- Lesson 28: Addition and Subtraction of Larger Numbers
- Lesson 29: Introducing Roman Numerals
- Lesson 30: More about Roman Numerals
- Lesson 31: Review of All Addition and Subtraction Concepts
- Lesson 32: Review of Rounding, Estimation and Place Value
- Lesson 33: Review of All Multiplication
- Lesson 34: Review of All Division
- Lesson 35: Review of All Measurement, Fractions
- Lesson 36: Review of All Roman Numerals and Shapes
- Optional Review Activities
- Answer Key