Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 5 (Download)
For Ages 9-11
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 5 is a Christian homeschool math curriculum designed to help your student excel in learning and practically applying math concepts. Your fifth grade-level student will learn factoring, proper & improper fractions, common denominators, multiplying & dividing decimals, and more. The lessons are thorough, but brief providing a less stressful learning experience.
Math Lessons for a Living Education is an award-winning math homeschool curriculum series known for helping students love math. The Master Books’ method of education reveals the why behind what your student is learning using short, confidence-building lessons. Families love the grab-and-go nature of this full color, workbook style math curriculum. Supplemental video instruction is offered at MasterBooksAcademy.com
* Disclaimer: We have received reports that when viewing this PDF in a web browser that sometimes the browser does not render the font correctly and there will be missing letters in words which make you think there are several misspellings. We highly recommend viewing this PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a free download. This will solve the problem caused by the web browser.
Students learn best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to their lives. Math Lessons for a Living Education engages your student through exciting stories allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Math Lessons for a Living Education teaches through:
- Short, story-based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Math Students Love
Math is happening all over everyday life--and it's so much fun! In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 5 Charlie, Charlotte, Natty, and Hairo have grown closer as a family and your student follows along as they embark on earning money and managing it responsibly, helping with their church’s VBS program, volunteering around the community, and planning a family fiesta all while learning key math concepts!
This engaging, story-based approach puts math into context for your student as they student build connections between mathematical concepts and their own lives—learning both how to do math, and how to apply it to life outside the textbook.
A Unique Approach to Learning
The Math Lessons for a Living Education series offers a blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience. This combination will bring these math concepts to life for you student while they explore the world around them.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 5 your student will learn:
- 2 Digit Divisors
- Proper & Improper Fractions
- Common Denominators
- Multiplying & Dividing Decimals
- and so much more!
* A Math Lessons Readiness Test is available to help you determine if this level is best for your student. You will find it as a downloadable PDF on this page under the product image.
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 5 Includes:
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Short, engaging 15-30 minute lessons
- Full-color worksheets
- Answer key
- Manipulatives section
- Instructional blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 5 / 9 – 11 years old
- Teacher's guidance is offered throughout the workbook
- Supplemental video instruction is offered at MasterBooksAcademy.com
Table of Contents
- Using this Course
- Lesson 1: Review of All Addition and Subtraction
- Lesson 2: Review of All Division and Multiplication
- Lesson 3: Review of All Geometry
- Lesson 4: Review of All Measurement
- Lesson 5: Review of All Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 6: Review of All Decimal Concepts
- Lesson 7: 10, 100, 1,000 (multiplying/dividing)
- Lesson 8: Introduction to 2 Digit Divisors
- Lesson 9: More Work with Division
- Lesson 10: Three Ways of Division/Remainders as Fractions
- Lesson 11: Review!
- Lesson 12: Factoring
- Lesson 13: Common Factors, Greatest Common Factor, and Reducing Fractions
- Lesson 14: Proper and Improper Fractions
- Lesson 15: Changing Improper Fractions
- Lesson 16: Sums Containing Improper Fractions
- Lesson 17: Least Common Multiples
- Lesson 18: Least Common Multiples/Finding a Common Denominator (Part 1)
- Lesson 19: Least Common Multiples/Finding a Common Denominator (Part 2)
- Lesson 20: Adding Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 21: Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 22: Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Common Denominators
- Lesson 23: Adding Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 24: Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 25: Review!
- Lesson 26: Multiplying Fractions
- Lesson 27: Divisibility Rules & Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 28: Multiplying Decimals
- Lesson 29: Dividing Decimals
- Lesson 30: Making Change
- Lesson 31: Review of All Division
- Lesson 32: Review of Factoring, Common Factors & Greatest Common Factors
- Lesson 33: Review of Fractional Concepts Part 1
- Lesson 34: Review of Fractional Concepts Part 2
- Lesson 35: Review of Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 36: Review of Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
- Manipulative Section
- Solutions Manual