Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 6 (Student - Download)
For Ages 10-12
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 6 is an award-winning Christian homeschool math curriculum designed to help your student excel in learning and practically applying math concepts. Your sixth grade-level student will identify and use decimals, learn percentages, study the basics of geometry, develop maps, graphs, charts and more. The lessons are brief but thorough, offering mastery of the concepts that will prepare your student for junior high-level math. The lessons can be completed in 30 minutes and scheduled 5 days a week over 36 weeks.
Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 6 Teacher’s Guide completes the course with the weekly lesson schedule, quizzes, and the solutions manual. Supplemental video instruction is offered at MasterBooksAcademy.com
Now Math Lessons for a Living Education is even easier with video instruction. Learn more and watch the first chapter for free at https://www.masterbooks.com/introducing-master-books-academy.
Students learn best and retain more when they are engaged in the material and actively applying concepts to their lives. Math Lessons for a Living Education engages your student through exciting stories allowing your student to learn smarter instead of harder!
Math Lessons for a Living Education teaches through:
- Short, story-based lessons
- Real life application
- Hands-on activities
- Engaging, full-color worksheets
Real Life, Real Math
Math is a living subject that happens all over everyday life! In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 6 students learn math concepts such as averaging, percentages, geometry, factors and more through exciting, real-world stories and application.
A Unique Approach to Learning
The Math Lessons for a Living Education series offers a blend of stories, copy-work, oral narration, and hands-on experience. This combination will bring these math concepts to life for you student while they explore the world around them.
In Math Lessons for a Living Education: Level 6 your student will learn:
- and so much more!
- Instructional blend of stories, copy work, oral narration, and hands-on experience to bring concepts to life
- Convenient perforated pages
- Recommended for: Grade 6 / 10 – 12 years old
- Supplemental video instruction is offered at MasterBooksAcademy.com
Table of Contents
- How to Use This Book
- Lesson 1: Working with Whole Numbers
- Lesson 2: Whole Numbers in the Real World
- Lesson 3: Averaging, Rounding, and Roman Numerals
- Lesson 4: Fractions
- Lesson 5: Working with Factors
- Lesson 6: More about Fractions — Mixed numbers
- Lesson 7: Using Factors and Multiples in Operations
- Lesson 8: Review of Fraction Concepts
- Lesson 9: Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Lesson 10: Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 11: Comprehensive Review of all Advanced Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 12: Decimal Basics
- Lesson 13: More Work with Decimals
- Lesson 14: Using Decimals in the Real World
- Lesson 15: Percents
- Lesson 16: Using Decimals and Percents in the Real World — Savvy Shopping
- Lesson 17: Comprehensive Review of Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Lesson 18: Geometry
- Lesson 19: Maps!...Just Follow the Lines!
- Lesson 20: Graphs and Charts
- Lesson 21: Units of Measure
- Lesson 22: Additional Topics
- Manipulative Section
- Measuring Circles
- 3 Types of Percentage Problems
- Large Number Place Value and Decimal Place Value Writing Mat
- Geometry Chart
- Measurement Chart: English
- Measurement Chart: Metric
- Multiplication Grid
- Fraction Chart
- Decimal and Percents Chart