My Story 2
For Ages 6-8
My Story, My Country, My World is a lower elementary social studies course that introduces students to history, politics, economics, sociology, and geography, while providing a comprehensive understanding of God’s world and the cultures of each country. Level 2 continues with a journey around the world, and lays a foundation for understanding state and federal governments, basic economic principles, and more. Equivalent to a second grade level.
This book of adventure is going to help you learn all about social studies. Social studies is about people and places around the world. We will talk about what people eat, where our food comes from, how governments are set up, the symbols on flags from different countries and what they mean, how God teaches us to love the people of the world like He does, and much more. The language of this book is English, but we’ll share some Italian and Chinese words with you too!
My Story, My Country, My World is a course for lower elementary students. It includes basic introductions to history, politics, economics, sociology, and geography, with the ultimate aim of teaching a comprehensive understanding of God’s world and the cultures of each country.
This is a daily adventure-based curriculum series that encourages families to explore the world together through four, nine-week quests and to understand it better from God’s perspective. It is designed with elements that make weekly learning fun and interactive, including:
- Thankful Time!
- Government Time!
- God's Creation Time!
- My Story Journal
It’s time to explore God’s world and to learn more about others… and more about you too! Get your Quest Collector Cards ready. Each card includes your world map showing the path of each of your four journeys.
Table of Contents
- Using This Teacher Guide
- Charting Your Course
- Quest 1
- 1. Let’s Get Ready to See the World...by Canoe!
- 2. To Australia in a Bathyscaphe
- 3. On a Jet Ski to New Zealand
- 4. Going to the Islands on a Hot-Air Balloon
- 5. Soaring on a Glider to Vietnam
- 6. A Ferry to India, Turkey, and Pakistan
- 7. Put on Your Snowshoes for Nepal
- 8. Dogsled to China and South Korea
- 9. A Rickshaw through Japan
- Quest 2
- 10. Over to Russia by Railroad
- 11. Get Your Sled for Finland, Sweden, and Norway
- 12. On a Golf Cart through the United Kingdom and Ireland
- 13. A Horse and Carriage across France, Portugal, and Spain
- 14. Riding a Chairlift over Germany, Switzerland, and Austria
- 15. Italy and Greece by Cargo Ship
- 16. Across Romania, Lithuania, and Ukraine by Fire Engine
- 17. Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Syria by Minibus
- 18. On a Donkey Cart into Israel
- Quest 3
- 19. Zipping to Egypt on an AutoGyro
- 20. By Motorcycle across Sudan and Ethiopia
- 21. Walking through Kenya and Tanzania
- 22. Riding an Elephant through Madagascar and South Africa
- 23. A Fishing Boat to Angola, Nigeria, and Niger
- 24. On a Tractor through Algeria and Morocco
- 25. Sailing a Clipper Ship to Chile and Argentina
- 26. On a Steamboat to Bolivia and Peru
- 27. Up in a Zeppelin to Brazil and Uruguay
- Quest 4
- 28. Ride to Venezuela on a Scooter
- 29. Over Colombia and Ecuador by Dirt Bike
- 30. A Convertible through Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua
- 31. Riding a Monorail around El Salvador and Guatemala
- 32. A Jet Boat around Jamaica and the Dominican Republic
- 33. On a Hydroplane to the Bahamas and Cuba
- 34. Off to Mexico by Jet
- 35. On Our Wheelchair through Canada
- 36. Home to the United States on a Conestoga Wagon
- State Info: Capitals and Statehood Years
- Types of Governments: Riddles
- Glossary for Social Studies
- World Holidays
- Quest Collector Quizzes
- Quest Collector Answers
- Word Find Time Answer Key
- Types of Governments: Riddles Quiz