Pitchin' A Fit! (Download)
Parenting comes with stresses that can make the most laid-back among us feel irritable, frustrated, and angry. Even parents who sincerely love their children sometimes use the wrong methods of anger and frustration in an attempt to control their children. But angry parenting doesn’t just weaken relationships between parents and their children; it can, over time, destroy them. Few parents set out to become yelling meanies who no longer enjoy their children. Yet many feel stuck, unable to pull themselves out of their ugly habits. This book:
- Provides practical and biblical solutions to get to the other side of the issue
- Gives hope and freedom from the tyranny of stressed-out and angry parenting
- Offers solutions that are ideal for any family.
If anger is in your home — even in small ways — this book is for you. It is time to replace that anger with something more powerful: patience and peace. Israel and Brook share candidly from their experience as parents.
Taming the Meanie Monster
If you are a parent, you have been there. Children do things that test the limits of those of us who admire rationality and common sense. Our innate default in such moments is to respond badly. We all struggle with anger to some extent. It is only through learning what God has to say on the subject of anger, and through appropriating the power of the Holy Spirit, that we can escape the tyranny of our own tendencies and addictions.
If you struggle with habitual anger, there are several things you need to know.
- You are not alone. Everyone struggles with this issue to some extent.
- It is not okay. Left unchecked it will damage important relationships.
- There is hope. There is freedom found in God’s Word to help you overcome this habitual sin.
We hope that you will join us on a mission to escape the trap of angry and stressed-out parenting. In this book, we will share with you a biblical view of anger, strategies for breaking life-long habits, and ways that you can build up and encourage your child rather than tear him or her down.
Table of Contents
1. Stressed Out and Overwhelmed
2. Is It Wrong to Get Angry?
3. What Causes Anger?
4. Provoking Our Children to Wrath
5. Trigger Happy — What Sets You Off?
6. Yelling Moms, Hollering Dads
7. “But I’m Not Patient!”
8. What Patience Is and Isn’t
9. Nurture in the Heart of Correcting
10.The Power of Affirmation
11. Creating Peace in the Home
|Manufacturer||New Leaf Press|
|Table of Contents||
|Title||Pitchin' A Fit! (Download)|
|Subtitle||Overcoming Angry and Stressed-Out Parenting|
|Contributors||Brook Wayne , Israel Wayne|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$9.99|
|Dimensions (in inches)|