The Flood of Noah: Legends & Lore of Survival
Hundreds of legends — possibly as many as 600 — seem to point to many of the details familiar to those who have read the Biblical account of Noah and the ark. Why are there so many similarities in these legends among so many diverse cultures? Why are there differences? What can we learn of pre-Flood history from ancient and archaeological records? From the astonishing historical flood account of a remote people group in China to the flood legend of Transylvania gypsies to many other examples from almost every continent, discover a fascinating journey of truth! These legends are what we would expect to find as remnants of a historical event on the scale we have never seen before or since!
Take a unique and amazing trip around the globe exploring legends of the global flood of Noah!
Did you know almost every culture has a worldwide flood legend? It’s true! Hundreds of accounts of a wicked world, destroyed by a global flood, have been dismissed as mere myth — even the historical account of Noah’s ark revealed in the Bible. Yet, in every corner of the world, you find these legends of a vastly destructive, worldwide event. They include similar details, such as mankind is almost wiped out, some animals are chosen for survival, a craft or other vessel is provided for safety, and water covers absolutely everything.
- What are some of these legends, and what intriguing clues do they contain?
- In what ways do they reveal insights about their possible common origin?
- What can we learn of pre-Flood history from ancient and archaeological records?
Many point to details familiar to those who have read the Biblical account of Noah and the ark. Why are there so many similarities in these legends among so many different cultures? From the astonishing historical flood account of a remote people group in China to the flood legend of Transylvanian gypsies to many other examples from almost every continent, discover a fascinating journey of truth. This is exactly what we would expect as they echo the historical event that devastated the world on a scale never seen before or since. Start your family’s learning adventure today!
Special interactive features of this newest book in the Legends series include:
- Three mini-books: Ancient Maps of Noah’s Ark (14 pages), More Legends from North America (6 pages), Noah’s Ark: A Real Event (10 pages)!
- A spinning wheel chart displaying commonalities among the flood legends to the account found in the Book of Genesis!
- A four-foot wide center gatefold featuring a cutaway of Noah’s ark with answers to popular questions about the ark itself, the animals, and supplies!
- Flaps that reveal specific legends of different people groups, analysis of Ancient Near East legends, and even archaeological evidence of a detailed Sumerian “pre-flood kings” list!
- Charts featuring the names of Noah in various ancient cultures – and those of his wife!
- Pull-slides that reveal geology on Earth echoed in the global flood features of Mars; another that highlights connections with the birds noted in account of Noah’s ark with a Native American legend; and one with verses revealing how Jesus is our “ark” of salvation!
- A pop-up illustrating a flood legend where survival was linked to a turtle’s shell!
- Unique and colorful illustrations help bring these fascinating legends to life!
|Title||The Flood of Noah|
|Subtitle||Legends & Lore of Survival|
|Contributors||Bill Looney , Bodie Hodge , Laura Welch|
|Publisher||New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc.|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$18.99|
|Dimensions (in inches)||12 x 10 3/8|