The World's Story 1: The Ancients (Download)
Downloadable, full-color student textbook from our World's Story 1 (Set) featuring engaging narrative and beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural connections.
A Charlotte Mason inspired Journey Through World History!
The World's Story 1 guides students in a trip around the world as they study history from Creation to the Roman Empire.
In The World's Story 1, your student will:
- See God's hand and redeeming love at work from the very beginning
- Meet biblical patriarchs, judges, prophets, kings, and historical figures from Scripture (including Abraham, Joseph, David, and Esther), as well as other important characters from history like Hammurabi, Alexander the Great, and Julius Caesar
- Study ancient civilizations spanning the whole globe, including the Sumerians, Egyptians, Babylonians, Chinese, Celts, Nubians, Nazca, Persians, Greeks, Romans
- and so much more!
Exciting, interactive stories!
The World's Story 1 brings history alive for students in an exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O'Dell interacts with students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships, failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and civilizations that shaped ancient world history.
Table of Contents
- 1. In the Beginning…
- 2. Starting Over
- 3. A Tower to Heaven
- 4. The Civilization of Egypt
- 5. The Calling of Abraham
- 6. Abraham’s Other Son
- 7. The Patriarch and His Sons
- 8. The Journey into Slavery
- 9. Hammurabi of Babylon
- 10. The Plundering of Egypt
- 11. An Ancient Civilization Backdrop
- 12. Ancient China
- 13. Ancient African & European Civilizations
- 14. Era of the Judges of Israel
- 15. The Great Kings of Israel
- 16. Ancient Greece
- 17. A Kingdom Divided
- 18. “O King, We Will Not Bow”
- 19. Esther — For Such a Time as This
- 20. Early American Cultures
- 21. Alexander the Great
- 22. The Rise of the Roman Empire
- 23. Prepare the Way!
- 24. The Word Became Flesh
- 25. Follow Me
- 26. The Miracle of Christ
- 27. The Roman Emperors after Christ
- 28. The End of the Road